SPRAY PUFOAM BENEFITS
About Spray Polyurethane Foam
Spray Polurethane Foam or PU FOAM was THE BEST RECOMENDETION for THERMAL Insulation. Polyurethane is a leading member of the wide-ranging and highly diverse family of polymers or plastics. Polyurethane can be a solid or can have an open cellular structure, in which case it is called foam and foams can be flexible or rigid.
As simple explanation, manufacturers make polyurethane foam by reacting polyols and diisocyanates, both products derived from crude oil. A series of additives are necessary to produce high-quality PU foam products, depending on the application the foam will be used for.
Each form of polyurethane foam has many uses:
- Flexible polyurethane foam blocks used in the applications presented on this website (bedding, furniture, automotive and many others).
- Some flexible PU foams are also moulded, especially for use in the automotive sector, mainly for car seats. For more information on moulded foam applications, please visit the website of Euro-Moulders, the European association of manufacturers of moulded polyurethane parts for the automotive industry.
- Rigid foams are mainly used for thermal insulation of buildings and are in the remit of our partner organisation, PU Europe, which has developed a website specifically dedicated to answer all questions on building insulation with polyurethane foam.
SPRAY PUFOAM APPLICATION
Why Spray Pufoam
Why Select Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF) Insulation?
Spray polyurethane foam (SPF) insulation helps keep homes warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Because it is sprayed directly into the gaps, cracks and other surfaces that contribute to heat loss, it both insulates and air seals, offering one of the easiest and most effective ways of weatherizing existing homes and new construction. When installed following proper safety and handling guidelines, spray polyurethane foam can help :
Help save on energy bills*
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency estimates (for all insulation) that homeowners who air seal and insulate their building can save up to 20% of heating and cooling costs (or up to 10% total energy costs). (Source: Energy Star)
- SPF resists heat transfer better than many other insulation materials, with R-values typically in the range of 3.5 - 6.5 per one inch of thickness. R-value is a term used to rate an insulation's ability to resist conductive heat transfer. The higher the R-value, the more effective the insulation's ability is to reduce conductive heat flow.
- Because SPF insulation minimizes air infiltration, it assists in preventing moisture vapor from entering and escaping the home, which in turn reduces the load on heating and cooling systems.
*Savings vary. Find out why in the seller's fact sheet on R-values. Higher R-values mean greater insulating power.
Reduce heating and air conditioning size
HVAC sizing can be reduced as much as 35% without the loss of efficiency and comfort.
(Source: Canadian Urethane Foam Contractors Association)
Reduce drafts, noise and increase comfort
- SPF is an effective air barrier.
- SPF is commonly used to prevent drafts from windows, doors, attics and floor boards creating a more comfortable indoor environment.
- SPF helps minimize air-borne sound transmission.
Impede entry of insects and pests
- Sealing gaps with SPF from the outside provides a barrier against insects and other pests.
- Moisture and humidity inside the home can lead to mold growth. Gaps and cracks in the building structure and condensation on windows can keep the humidity high and support mold and mildew growth. Left unchecked, mold and mildew can cause wood to rot. Air sealing the gaps between the attic and living space can help manage moisture and humidity issues.
Seal small cracks to insulate large areas, such as walls and roofs
Because SPF is spray-applied on site, it can more easily insulate and seal the small cracks common in homes. The application also makes expansive surfaces - like walls, attics and roofs - easy to cover in a relatively short amount of time.
Depending on the application, different types of SPF may be used. (See "Types of SPF insulation and how it's applied")
Resist settling due to its general stability
Typically not subjected to structural deterioration/decomposition and resists settling.
Qualify for utility rebates, tax credits and green certification
The energy savings obtained by air sealing homes is significant enough that the purchase and use of SPF products may qualify for tax credits under the new American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act allows for a tax credit of 30% on the purchase of energy efficient products, up to a maximum of $1,500 per year in 2010. Check with the manufacturer for confirmation that the specific SPF product qualifies for the tax credit and for further information and instructions on filing for the credit.
Many local utility companies offer rebates for energy efficiency upgrades. Check with your utility provider for eligibility. To learn more about federal tax credits for energy efficiency, you can visit the ENERGY STAR web site onFederal Tax Credits for Consumer Energy Efficiency. For new construction or major remodel projects, the use of SPF may help earn energy-efficiency credits under residential green certification programs. A few sources you can visit include:
U.S. Green Building Council - LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)
National Association of Home Builders - information on scoring details
SPRAY PUFOAM BENEFITS
Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam insulation saves on energy costs and lowers utility bills. Studies by the US Department of Energy show that 40% of a home's energy is lost as the result of air infiltration through walls, windows and doorways.
- Buildings treated with spray foam insulation typically insulate as much as 50% better than traditional insulation products.
- Insulation that is sprayed in buildings protects against moisture, which provides the benefit of reducing the chance of harmful mold and mildew.
- Eliminating mold growth reduces the likelihood of rotting wood in a home, and allergic reactions to mold spores.
In addition to building temperature and moisture control, spray foam insulation is often used to reduce noise.
- Foam insulation serves as a barrier to airborne sounds, and reduces airborne sound transfer through a building's roof, floor and walls.
- In the United States, homes treated with spray foam insulation often qualify for state and federal tax deductions.
Seize the long-term benefits of energy efficiency & savings!
The immediate and long-term benefits of spray foam insulation far outweigh the initial costs associated with installation. This insulating and air sealing material provides endless benefits. By investing in spray foam insulation you will:
- Potential to see heating and cooling savings every month
- Improve your home’s energy efficiency by using your HVAC equipment less often thanks to spray foam’s air sealing qualities
- Right-size’ your HVAC equipment because it uses less effort to heat and cool your home
- Add resale value to your home should you choose to sell
- Reduce amount of allergens, pollutants and moisture entering your home - where it is applied
- Keep you and your family warm in winter, cool in summer andcomfortable all year round
- Reduce the risk of drafts, hot or cold spots
- Minimize airborne noise from external sources and noise from within your home (such as plumbing runs)
- Add structural integrity to your home (especially with closed-cell insulation)
These immediate and long-term benefits are unmatched by traditional insulation types. Fragile, fibrous and inefficient, traditional insulations cannot match the advantages of spray foam.
Investing in an insulation and air barrier material will not only quickly payback the initial investment but offer the opportunity to make savings every month for as long as you live in your home.
HIGH PRESSURE TWO COMPONENT SYSTEM
SPF high pressure systems: Two-component, high pressure systems (typically 800-1600 psi) use 55-gallon drums and are more often used when insulating larger areas on new construction or major renovations on walls and roofs. These products are intended for professional use. These products require special training and the use of specialized personal protective equipment (PPE), including respirators.
For a typical high pressure SPF application, a spray rig (truck) which houses the SPF ingredients, air supply and other items is parked near the home or building to be sprayed. Hoses (up to about 300 ft. in length) are carried to the application area and installers wearing proper protective equipment spray the foam.
SPRAY PUFOAM APPLICATION METHOD
Building Passive Fire Protection
PT WAHANA INDOKO PRATAMA
Passive Fire Protection Method
Fire is an ever-present danger to businesses. Especially for offshore facilities, since oils and fuels can burn fiercely, its critically essential to be equipped with the necessary fire protection systems. Passive fire protection is considered the primary element in construction that assures the compartmentalization of the building as well as the stability of load-bearing component of the building.
Browse All the Fire & Safety Companies in Saudi Arabia; Trust Pro Passive Fire Protection Company is Definitely Your Dependable Partner for all your needs
The effects of fire are devastating and often result in huge production loss as well as significant worker injuries. However; in the event of fire, our passive fire protection services help to mitigate fire spread, providing additional time to control the fire and to allow safe evacuation.
At Trust pro Contracting, we aim to provide top notch fire protection systems along with passive fire-resistant materials for using in a wide range of environments which may include building construction, steel construction, penetrations, cables, and piping. We have the expertise and experience to help you with everything that your business needs in order to make informed decisions about modern FIRE SAFETY solutions.
STEEL FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEMS
steel fire protection
With the use of fire and smoke barriers to compartmentalize and restrict the fire to a specific area, a passive fire protection system is intended to slow down the spread of fire and smoke through a building. The barriers may include fire rated ceilings, floors, or walls, which must be maintained to ensure the integrity of the Life Safety Fire Protection System of a BUILDING.
- Spray Pufoam ( FIRE RETARDANT )
TRUST PRO PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION CONTRACTOR’S FIRE STOPPING SYSTEMS
fire stopping system
Wahana Indoko Pratama Contracting has a team of qualified, skilled and highly experienced professionals capable to perform the most contemporary fire stopping applications. As a certified installer of all leading brands, we have earned a reputation for high quality installations and responsive service.
FIRE COMPARTMENT WALLS & FIRE RESISTANT CEILINGS/DUCTS
Fire compartment walls, floors, and ceilings are designed to prevent fire passing from one compartment to another. They keep fire restricted to a fire resistant area. Openings and service penetrations through such structures should be kept to a minimum.
SMOKE EXTRACTION PLENUMS
Fire smoke is sometimes highly toxic and may even lead to long-term diseases or death, if inhaled. To prevent such events, we provide effective and reliable smoke extraction systems for buildings.
FIRE AND BLAST PROTECTION
Fire and blast protection
We provide a unique, load-bearing, high performance composite fire panel having high blast impact and moisture resistance.
- Engineering, consultancy & system design
- Fire & life safety
- Fire protection system design
- Performance-based design & code consulting
- Fire Risk Analysis
- Fire resistant steel duct
- Cables fire coating
- Concrete fire protection
- Emergency management
- Trust Pro passive fire protection contractor provides a complete range of fire stopping products, solutions & services.
We are the authorized dealer of Promat International (Asia Pacific), the leader in manufacturing of professional fire protection products and systems of the international benchmark quality.
Why Trust Pro Passive Fire Protection Company for Contracting?
We offer technical support for a range of projects
We have experts in fire compartmentalization design
We provide critical fire engineering support
To discuss your fire protection needs with our experts, get in touch with us today.
SPRAY PUFOAM APPLICATION FIELDS
RESIDENTIAL (HOUSING) Polyurethane spray foam can be a solution of waterproofing on the roof, heat insulation and soundproofing of various highway noise, and the noise between rooms. Polyurethane spray foam can also protect the roof and the ceiling foundation of interference termites and corrosion.
Example: Residential home, Home Theater, Apartment, COMMERCIAL SPACE.
SPRAY INSULATION PUFOAM very effective to be applied as heat insulation systems in commercial buildings such as offices and shopping centers. The result is a cost-effective electricity and besides advantages Polyurethane spray is a very fast application.
Example: Office building, Hotel, Sport Centre, Hospital, University, Ballroom, Convention Hall, Shopping Mall, Body of a car (BUS), Karaoke Room, Music Studio, Restaurant, Cinema. Pub / Disco.
For the purposes of the application INDUSTRY INSULATION SPRAY PUFOAM very useful in the industrial world that requiring heat insulation as FOODPROCESSING or industries that want to save on electricity usage due to wastage of Air Conditioner.
Example: Cold Storage / Cooling Room, Power Plant, Tank Chiller, Storage tanks Roofing, Roofs Walls Factory & Warehouse.
OIL & GAS INDUSTRY
Applicability SPRAY INSULATION Polyurethane foam for insulation and security PUFOAM in piping systems and subsea pipelines, so as to minimize the possibility of leakage of up to 100%
Example: Submerge Pipe, Container, Bridge, Ship